COVID-19 Updates for Summer Camp 2021
COVID-19 Update: April 15, 2021
In mid-March, the governor of California announced that resident camps would be able to open this summer. Official guidelines for operation have not be released yet, so we’ve made some preliminary decisions based on a variety of sources (information from the CDC, guidelines released for day camps and K-12 schools in CA, and resident camp guidelines from other states).
Please review this list and contact us with any questions.
- Campers must be brought to the boat terminal by a parent or guardian. We are unable to offer airport service this summer.
- We will not host Parent’s Days during 2021.
- In order to minimize contact with the public, we will not be taking campers on day trips or overnights to other parts of the Island.
- A self-quarantine will be required prior to your camper’s session. The length and scope of that quarantine will be based on state and county guidelines.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test will be required prior to departure day. We are still researching additional testing for campers.
- Campers and staff will not have to wear masks while in the cabin, while eating meals, or while in or on the water. We will have to wear masks when distancing from other cabin groups is not possible.
We will post updates to this space as they arrive. Registered families will also receive updates via email. As always, please reach out with any questions!